Thursday 12 March 2009

Astrid Stavro

When I was in Barcelona last November, I visited Astrid Stavro, a graphic design company. I had never heard of the company until a few weeks prior to getting on the plane so did not really know what to expect, not to mention I never seen a graphic design company with my portfolio outside of England. After struggling to find the building in the maze that was Barcelona, we had got there. Now for the hard part.

We rang the buzzer ad was invited up by a member of staff, we were greeted by Edward who was working on some design work. But came to talk to us and offered us a drink. Its always interesting and valuable to hear how design students managed to get into a company. Astrid was running slightly late but I barely noticed as we were talking away. After hearing about Astrid’s past and how she studied at Saint Martins College of Art and Design and then the Royal College of Arts. She then told us about the history of her company and talked through some of her best pieces of work. Astrid was very warm and polite and made all four of us feel very comfortable. We then individually showed her our portfolios and got some advice along the way. In all I was very pleased to have had the chance to go and see her design company it was one of the best parts of the Barcelona trip.

No comments: