Thursday 12 March 2009

Think Tank

Think tank is a graphic design company based in London. I had the opportunity to show my portfolio to a couple of designers that had been working there for about 6 months, Andy and Amber. They were both very welcoming and immediately made me feel at ease, the office was nice and spacious with a beautiful pool table taking pride of place in the middle of the room. I started by showing my second year portfolio in the book format, which they seemed to love, saying they were sick of the boxes after seeing a large number of them in the past and its something extra to design and show your design skills in the book format. They were very encouraging about my work and seemed to like it with some great advice along the way. In particular Amber really liked my third year work and the chess stuff I have designed saying she would not be worried if a few people took offence the phrase ‘chickmate’ and told me to push that idea as well as the live pawn idea. We were then showed the studio and some of their work, which was going out the next day. The visit went well and was very informative, I now think differently about the London design world and believe its not as scary as possibly I once thought.

No comments: