Thursday 12 March 2009

Hemisphere


As of yet I have not received a reply from Hemisphere.

After waiting 9 days for Hemisphere to get back to me, I decided to give them a ring on the number that was on the website. I phoned at 5:40 as I figured that any receptionists would have gone home by then. I asked for Sue who I sent the email to but she was off until Tuesday. I then asked if she could help me, after the exchange of names I continued to tell her that I was a third year student and was after a portfolio viewing and any advice I could get my hands on. she told me she did not have a great deal of work on and could see me on Monday at 11:00. I'll keep you posted.

The Visit

Today (23rd March) I went to visit Hemisphere Design company, I choose to visit Hemisphere as I love the Imperial War Museum work that they design. I also thought it might be a good idea to pick their brains as my final major project is based at the Imperial War Museum.

I arrived 20 minutes early, so not to be late. I got buzzed in after a little trouble finding the offices. After meeting Faye in the office, the first thing I noticed was a serious lack of a Mac. We then went downstairs to the second floor where I begin to talk Faye through my portfolio and some third year work.

Faye was enthusiastic, polite and gave some great advice. She also gave me some pointers within my portfolio like writing the entire brief out or having more description to each set of designs, so they can fully understand the designs.

She seemed to like the work I showed her and said the collage style that some of my work was very interesting. To this I said that in my third year work I have not used it at all, partially because it has not fitted he brief but mainly because I believe that the collage style is not as commercial as I want to make my work. I believe it is important to show you can produce commercial work, as that is what I will be doing in the future. She agreed with this point but also said that my collage work shows good designs skills.

After we had finished looking through my work we went back upstairs to their office and that’s were I was introduced to Andy who showed me the Imperial War Museum stuff he was working on which looked great.

Faye gave me her business card and said it would be fine to email her with my final major project work, she seemed really interested in the Code Project.

Over all I really enjoyed this visit and found it very beneficial.  


No comments: